For all of you who use or are looking to use the Fatsoma Scanner App, we’ve put together a full run through of the system in the build up to NYE to ensure it all goes smoothly at this important time. We’ve released a new version of the scanner app so we need you to follow the instructions below to install the latest version.
Here’s a quick checklist:
- Uninstall the old version of the app then install the latest version
- Read and print off the user guide and practice using the app and scanner before the night
- Print a backup copy of the ticket list on the night
- Ensure your scanner is configured to your laptop type
- Take my contact details for your point of contact over Christmas and New Year
1. First of all, we’ve made a couple of improvements to the app, fixing little issues that were reported to us so you’ll need to download the latest version of the app. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Uninstall the existing app (by going to your control panel then find the list of all programmes then select ‘Fatsoma Ticket Scanner’ and uninstall)
- Download the latest version of the app from http://api.appcelerator.net/p/pages/app_page?token=84qrJ8×2
- Open the downloaded file, click to ‘Run’ the programme and follow the instructions to install the app
2. You’re then ready to use the scanner app. You can find a user guide for use on the night at http://www.fatsoma.com/graphics/scanners/scanner-guide.pdf so please read through this well in advance of the event and print a copy for guidance on the night itself. I’d also recommend you test the app before the event takes place to ensure you’re comfortable using the software. You can clear progress by logging out of the app so it will not affect your entry scanning on the night itself.
3. I’d also strongly recommend printing a backup ticket list in case of any technical difficulties on the night, such as the laptop crashing. Make sure you print these lists after tickets have been taken off sale. To do so follow these instructions (or alternatively print the email that is sent to you once you take your tickets off sale):
- Login to Fatsoma
- On the dashboard select ‘Manage tickets’ from the ‘(Actions)’ drop down menu
- Next to each ticket type on the right hand side, select ‘View ticket list’ from the ‘(Actions)’ drop down menu and print the printable version
4. You can find our scanner configuration guide at http://www.fatsoma.com/graphics/scanners/scanner-config.pdf. All our scanners are configured for use on a PC. Therefore if you are using a MAC, you will need to reconfigure the scanner using the instructions in the configuration guide.
5. I will be your point of contact at Fatsoma over the Christmas and New Year period so if you need anything, please drop me an email at email@example.com and I will be sure to respond quickly.
Happy holidays from all of us at Fatsoma